Thursday, September 26, 2013

Judging and Labels.

image from tumblr.com/zoella


Hello guys! How have you all been? This week I was a little stressed out from school (I'm not use to having lots of tests in one day!), I've started thinking about my trip to Europe in the spring (I'm going to be talking about Europe a lot. I'm just so excited!) and the weather has been much cooler and more fall-like. :)

Honestly, I've been a bit nervous to post this. I would've posted it on Sunday, but this is something I'm not quite comfortable with yet. I always worry about sharing my views on life rather than beauty because I worry people might get the wrong impression of me; nonetheless, I decided to do it, because you never know what will come out of something until you try it.

Over the summer, I mostly hung out with my family and close friends. I was hardly ever in a situation where I had much interaction with other people. Now that we're back in the swing of school, I've been thinking a lot about people. 

Everyday when I'm on the bus, there is a guy who, if you saw him, your first thought might be, "hmm...he looks kind of sketchy." That's what I thought at first. I noticed that he swore a fair amount, and he was kind of loud and a little intimidating. Then one day, when he was getting of the bus, I noticed he smiled at the driver and said, "have a nice day!" To be honest, I was shocked. I didn't think he would be the kind of person who would do that.

That got me thinking that we (myself included, I am in no way 'perfect') judge and label people we don't know far too much.  I've been told all my life not to judge people, because you never know what they might be going through, and I feel like I've never really take that seriously. We often don't even notice we are making assumptions about the people we see at school or at the mall or at work. We usually make bad labels about people we don't even know instead of the good ones. I hate it when I do that.

image from tumblr.com/zoella

 
Now I know it's waaaaaaaaaay past New Years, but I want to make a resolution to myself, and maybe you'll want to do this, too. My resolution is (I've been trying very hard to do this for a little while now) to not think, "oh look at her, she looks like she's trying way to hard to be cool" Instead, I've been trying to not make any assumptions, and if I do, I try to make good ones. We should try to find the good in people, because I know that everybody has some. And honestly, you never truly know what is going on with them.

In summary, I want to try my hardest not to judge a book by its cover. :)

I really hope you guys liked this post and found it at least a little bit helpful. Let me know if you like these types of posts. You can email me (I have my email in a tab above), or you can comment below. Hope you all have a fantastic week!

8 comments:

  1. really inspiring post! I truly agree with you. Don't judge book by it's cover, right? I really hope that in the future people all over the world will understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog you have here :). A strong moral to this blog post and I agree it's important not to judge a book by its cover. Really enjoyed reading your blog so have followed.

    http://emmalschwarz.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow and the support on this post!! I will definitely check out your blog. :)

      -Emily

      Delete
  3. Hey Emily! I really liked this post! And I`m so happy for you because you'll be traveling to Europe. Hope you have a great time and I can't wait to see the pictures. Wish you all the best <3 Iulia :*
    www.iuliaelenat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so so SO excited!! I'm constantly thinking about it. I will for sure take tons and tons of pictures. :)

      -Emily

      Delete
  4. Hey Emily! I wanted to let you know that I changed my blog. I look forward to you next posts, especially the ones about your Europe trip :*
    Iulia xo
    www.iulena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Iulia! I will for sure check out your new blog. I'm also planning on posting some of my favorite pictures from my Europe trip very soon :)

      -Emily

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! I will respond as soon as I can. :-)