Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Life Update.

Hi guys! As I mentioned in my previous post, I decided to update you all on my life and what I'm up to this summer!


First off, I recently finished my sophomore year in high school. I can easily say that this past school year was a challenge. Not as much as far as my mental health, but more in terms of school works. Having two AP, or college level, courses was really tough. I'm not going to lie about that. But honestly, I'm glad I challenged myself. I know that if I hadn't taken these harder classes I would've gotten a better GPA, but I wouldn't have learned as much as I did. I ended up having a cumulative GPA of 3.88 out of 4, which in my book, is pretty good. I'm proud of myself, for the most part!

Next, I wanted to talk about my mental health. I like to keep you guys updated on this stuff because I don't want to seem like just a girl who blogs, but you know nothing about. If you've read my post Some Good Books, you know that I do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and depression. I struggled a lot with anxiety and depression last summer and fall, but I am out of the situation that I was in. Because of that, I've been feeling a lot better lately. That's not to say I don't get moments, days, or even bad weeks, but it's better. For example, a few weeks ago I broke up with my then boyfriend, which probably sounds dumb, but if you've broken up with someone you know how much it can hurt. It especially hurts when you have to pretend to be okay, you know what I mean? Since then, I've really been trying to work on managing my anxiety and keeping myself busy. Keeping busy works surprisingly well!!

Lastly, I thought I'd tell you guys about what I plan on doing this summer. In short, I want to have adventures. I want to do things I would've never thought about doing. I want to take risks and try saying 'yes' more. I also want to put more value into not always hanging out with my friends. I want to practice having some time to myself to go on a walk or explore the city. I think it's important to be self-aware and love yourself.

I think that's about it! Thank you guys for listening to me ramble on. Let me know what you guys would like to see next week! ♡♡♡

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I will respond as soon as I can. :-)